Monday, November 28, 2011

Life Sucks Right Now

My hubby of almost 4 years is currently in prison serving a 3 1/2 year sentence for pleading guilty to his 4th DWI.  That was the worst of 4 charges he was actually indicted for, and the sentence could've been a lot worse.  I'm trying to keep this all in mind as I deal with being without him.  It's been almost a month since he was led away in handcuffs, and I'm still having trouble sleeping and eating.  Depression is plaguing me though I put on a good front for my best friend whom I'm living with while I look for work. 

That's the other thing that makes my life suck so hard.  I don't have a job, and the prospects are slim to none of me finding one anytime soon. I'm staying with my best friend and her family, but I can't stay here forever.  I need my own place and my own space to really get some writing done anyway.

Jamie, my hubby, hasn't gotten any of my letters yet even though I've sent him two.  Everyone I talk to who has loved ones inside tell me the same thing - be patient as the mailrooms are slow.  They have to go through every single piece of mail that comes in and read all the letters so it takes a while. *Sigh* I wish it were faster since I haven't gotten even a first letter from him.

I miss him so much.  The holidays are going to be especially hard.  We've never been apart for very long, and I know he's got to be feeling what I am.  Once I get a job, I can pay for him to call me, but it's too expensive right now.

I hope I hear from him soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment