Friday, February 17, 2012

Writing Update/Playlist

Writing Update

My playlist is not complete, but there are enough songs on it to help me write. I have written 10 pages on Blood of an Enemy so far.  I've finally found my flow with it, and I'm pleased with the results I'm getting.  I plan to write more on the story today, get at least another 10 pages or so on it.  I'd like to get the rough draft done, completely, in about a month's time.

Playlist
The following is what I've got going on my playlist right now.

The Wolf Inside - Blind Guardian
Blood In My Eyes - Disturbed
I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Incubus - Kamelot
Black Halo - Kamelot
If I Close My Eyes Forever - Ozzy Osbourne
Reise, Reise - Rammstein
The Abyss In Your Eyes - Stratovarius
Ein Kleiner Mensch - Rammstein
Live and Let Die - Guns N Roses
I'm Alive - Helloween
Follow the Sign - Helloween
Where the Rain Grows - Helloween
Death Tone - Manowar
Metal Daze - Manowar
World Coming Down - Type O Negative
Pyretta Blaze - Type O Negative
Day Tripper - medley by Type O Negative
All Hallows Eve - Type O Negative
Chained to You - Savage Garden
Chain Gang, Bang Bang - Neon Garden
Silence of the Darkness - Kamelot
I Don't Care - Apocalyptica
Burn - Apocalyptica

I am going through my Ayreon and more Blind Guardian to see if I'm going to add any from them.  I'm also looking at Adagio.


Jordan mentioned how many writers are using playlists to write by, and I have to agree with him.  Most of the writers I've talked to over the years have mentioned having music they write by.  It gives us a sound track of sorts.  I use the music to help me stay focused on my story, keeping me in the mood and mindset.  I am picky about the songs I choose, and it's the music more than the words that stir me.  I can't understand Rammstein but I love the music and the sound of their voices.

Let me know if you use a playlist and what bands you choose to have on them.








No comments:

Post a Comment