Friday, November 16, 2012

Today in my little world

I got busy helping a neighbor doing some things so I didn't get any of my own projects done. I'm not complaining though because she's a nice old lady with health issues, and she needs help from time to time.  Fiercely independent, I can tell when it bothers her to ask for help of any kind, and I don't begrudge it because she's just so sweet.

Work has been rough physically.  I did a lot of ladder climbing and moving of shop vacs on and off shelves trying to get things sorted out for inventory.  I'm basically the only one in my department doing it since the department manager is gone and not around to give out assignments.  I don't mind doing it because it could cost me my job if we fail inventory.  I have an incentive you see.  The others aren't so bothered by losing their jobs because one is pretty much retired and the other has a second job.  I'm also irritated by a system that isn't efficient and neat so having to hunt for stuff two bays down from where it's being sold makes me waste time and energy best spent doing other things.

I have not done any writing in the last few days, but I am working on making time.  Demon in Disguise is just begging to be released this year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment